September 16, 2006

My 100th Post!

Oh, Blog, How I've Missed You! After over a week without blogging, I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

This is my 100th post and I thought I'd mark the occasion by making a list of my favorite posts and some of the recipes that I make most often. I've had some fun reading over some of my old posts and I hope you will too! Here we go!

The Repeat Offenders in my Kitchen are:

Chicken Curry with Cashews is something Paul and I crave.

Chicken Enchiladas are fun to make together and always great to make in quantity to have leftovers to go in the freezer for whenever you need a quick meal!

Taco Salad with Chicken and Black Beans
always satisfies on a hot day!

This
Boeuf à la Bourguignon was a lot of work, but just about the most amazing stew I've tasted!

Salade au Chèvre Chaud will always bring back memories of Paris to me.

Cool Autumn days will be begging for this Soupe à l’Oignon Gratinée.

Roasted Cauliflower has become a staple side dish at Chez Mégane.

Quiche did become a standard for us in Paris...this time Zucchini and Tomato Quiche!

Tina's Vegetable Filled Crêpes are comfort food at their best!

This Strawberry Clafoutis has been one of my favorite desserts this year!

Who couldn't love these Chocolate Brownie Cookies?

Gin & Tonics...but you knew that already!

My Favorite New Recipes Tried Last Year!

Tartiflette was one of the more satisfying things I've made. It's a rich, heavy French dish of the very best kind!

Tzatziki makes the most wonderful appetizer dip.

Black Bean Lasagna was a really really good tasting recipe I concocted one evening. I know it will stick around and make appearances at dinner more often!

What are your staple dishes? What's the best new thing you've tried lately?

4 comments:

Niibiishen said...

Here's my staple recipe for a fall favorite...

SWEET POTATO PIE

2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dark rum
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell





Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and roast them on a shallow baking pan in the middle of the oven until very tender, about 1 1/4 hours. Cool to room temperature.

Raise the oven temperature to 400°F, and place a shallow baking pan on the bottom rack.

Scoop the flesh from potatoes into a bowl and discard the skins. Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork until smooth. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar. Add the melted butter mixture to the sweet potatoes with the milk and the eggs and beat with a whisk until smooth. Whisk in the remaining ingredients (the filling will be quite liquid). Pour the filling into the pie shell.

Carefully transfer the pie to the heated shallow baking pan on the bottom rack of the oven and bake until the filling is just set, about 40 minutes. Transfer the pie to a rack to cool.

lovemily88 said...

when i actually cook, my staple dish is a lime-garlic chicken that i stole from martha stewart with your very own roasted cauliflower. i also make my mom's special spicy chicken sometimes with, of course, rice, which is one of my favorite foods. for other people, though, it's variations on a theme by linguine. :)

happy centennial!

Chez Megane said...

Lilartist - Wow! That sounds awesome! I've never had sweet potato pie - evidently, I'm missing out!

Emily - Hey, those all sound great! I think it's interesting to hear what people go for off the top of their head... Pasta is usually on my mind!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful catalog of recipes; I'll have to check them all out. And congratulations on your 100th!

Things we have again and again are BBQ ribs; roasted vegetables of all kinds; braised beef roast; roast chicken; Ina's grilled lemon chicken in the summer; Portugese kale soup with sausage, pork and green chile stew, and escarole soup in the cooler months; and always pasta, of course!