There seems to be a 4 thing going around. You never have to twist my arm to get me in on these things.
4 Jobs I've had:
It was my first job when I was 15. I mostly put donuts in boxes for customers or vacuumed, but my favorite part was filling the "eclairs" and jelly donuts with filling. We'd have to fill up a gallon sized container with red squiggly "jelly", impale the donut onto this prong coming out of it, push a button and the donut would fill with jelly. It was oddly satisfying in a grisly sort of way. I believe I worked for like 3 hours at a time. I'm happy to report that this work ethic has carried over into most of my other jobs.
2. Secretary's assistant.
The only thing worse than actually being a secretary. Apparently secretaries don't have time for filing anymore what with all their cigarette breaks. Again, thankfully part-time.
3. The Bread Co. bakery and sandwich shop turned bistro at night.
Actually, looking back, this place inspired me to get cooking. I still use their recipe for egg salad and I learned a lot about food prep. I had a hand in making croissants there, too.
4. English Teacher in France for kids ages 7-11.
This is the most difficult job I've had but also the best. I never thought I'd be able to do it and it turns out I'm pretty damn good at it. Who needs experience or training?
4 Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Best in Show
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Say Anything
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4 Places I've lived:
1. Iowa City, IA
2. Champaign-Urbana, IL
3. Bloomington, IN
4. Paris, France (It got a lot cooler after that)
4 Places I've vacationed:
1. Faenza, Italy
4. Santa Barbara, CA
4 highly-regarded and recommended t.v. shows that I've never watched:
1. The Simpsons. Ok, so I've seen it of course, but I never really watched it.
2. Arrested Development
3. Twin Peaks
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4 t.v. shows I love:
1. The West Wing
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. The Daily Show
4 of my favorite dishes:
1. Chicken Tikka Masala and Garlic Naan
2. Fondue (I'm lumping all types together...so there.)
3. Spinach Artichoke Dip
4. Butternut Squash Soup
4 sites I visit daily:
1. NY Times
3. Bartleby.com (ok, maybe not daily...)
4. BBC weather
4 Places I'd rather be right now:
1. somewhere warm with plenty of sand, an ocean and a bartender.
2. fast forward to Paris in May and June, eating lunch at an outdoor cafe in the sunshine.
3. getting a massage
4. in bed
4 Fantasy Karaoke Songs to bring down the house:
1. Wind of Change, by the Scorpions
2. Time after Time, by Cyndi Lauper
3. Take a Chance on Me, by ABBA (this is atleast a duet since one person would have to do the "take a chance, take a chance, take a chic-ka-chan-chance" chant throughout)
4. Livin' on a Prayer, by Bon Jovi
C'mon people, give me your own 4 things...